Friday 9 March 2018

New 2/14 Faces, courtesy of COMC

I've still got about 100-ish cards in my COMC box, so today I'm going to knock that down into the double digits with a 2/14 posting, and a bunch of new faces to go along with it. I've got a bunch of minor league baseball stuff as well, but this is all the other stuff.
My first UFC card! She's not a fighter, but was a round card girl at one point. She's now Natasha Kingsbury, and has a child and an instagram filled with yoga photos.
Staying in the combat sports realm, here's my first boxing card. Perez ended his career with an impressive 61-6-3 record. That's the WBC Bantamweight title across his waist.
This aren't my first cards from the auto-racing world, but these are my first of a guy nicknamed 'Banjo'.
OHL love!
This is one of the odder die-cut cards not only in my 2/14 collection, but in my binders as a whole. There's definitely a jigsaw puzzle piece vibe to it. Also, while I was updating my spreadsheets, this became the 1800th card in the collection. WOO-HOO!
Soccer additions, both from recent and older sets.
It's going to end with some cards from the other type of football. I'll assume someone with Too Many Manninghams has at least one of Walt Teninga, so this one is all mine.
My first Arena League card. Even better, Terrance Joseph is my first non-baseball perfect match in the collection, hitting both date and year with his birth date.
I'll end with a non-debut card for the 2/14, but still a first as this is my first auto of Alshon Jeffrey. There was a slight spike in his prices for autos after he picked up a Super Bowl win this year, so I'm glad to have got this before hand. Also, it represents one of my favourite releases in Field Access. Bonus!

And there you go! Repack time up next!

2 comments:

  1. Huh, I didn't realize that Teninga was a 2/14 baby! I'm glad to see that you're still able to pick up good Jeffrey stuff after his big Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Alshon! The ring girl isn't too shabby either. Although Arianny Celeste is more my style.

    ReplyDelete