Monday 12 March 2018

2018 Adventures in Repacks - Part 11 - Surprising

This Dollarama excursion ends with a pair of Surprise Bags.
Thanks to these repacks, I may never run out of snap holders.
I guess the snowy Zac Rinaldo is the photographic highlight in here.
My 1000 pt card was the Hossa, but I love those Going for the Gold cards that have been making appearances lately in these repacks. Sarah went for the gold, and got the gold in her two Olympic appearances in '06 and '10.
And the Superstar pack. As with the 1000pt pack, the highlight for me wasn't the promised card (I'll assume the Getzlaf) but one of the additional cards which sees Shayne McCosh make his debut in the Rangers alum binder.
No toploaders? No snap cases? What will I do?
The Score pack did hit a PC this time with the John Moore becoming the second card fro the Rangers alum folder. And a Sens card. Sorta...
The 90s pack despite being junk wax era stuff, wasn't bad at all. Although my Rangers binder didn't get a third new card since Rice was a dupe, I did land a drawn card for the Ottawa 67s, and an appearance of blood on the Basil McRae. Just a trickle, but still something pretty rare to see.
The 2000s bring a retro-ish C55 card. No complaints here.
How premium was the Premium Pack? I'm not going to do the book value thing, but that was very likely my first Topps Pristine hockey card. Sejna played a handful of games with the Blues over 4 seasons, so at least he wasn't one-and-done. The card is /1199 too. Two of the other three cars were McDonald's issues as well, so they get the obscurity factor.

A good number of keepers here make this a worthwhile pair of repacks. Back ot the mailbag tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What monstrosity is that Bondra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basil McRae. Good times. Remember seeing him in Mighty Ducks. After that he was on my radar and I saw a few of his fights.

    ReplyDelete