Tuesday 20 September 2016

Pick 6: Basketball

Today, I reach into my COMC to-be-posted box and pull out the first 6 basketball cards in there. And these were the 6 in question:
And I start with David Wesley in a ball pit with the team mascot, reading Mother Goose. There is nothing I could write that could enhance that in any way.
You know you've posted an interesting card when the next card is Gary Payton wearing a Supersonics-coloured Dr. Seuess hat, and it barely registers. This is the only base card in this grouping of 6.
I love defunct team logos making appearance on current cards. So, here's a card featuring the one-and-done Washington Caps.
Staying with the defunct/relocated team theme so far (I guess the version of the Hornets on the Wesley counts), here's a relic I've always wanted to add to my collection - a teal Vancouver Grizzlies swatch. And it features easily the best player in the team's short history - Shareef Abdur-Rahim.
I wanted a hit of Biyombo to commemorate his short time in Toronto. He didn't have any Toronto autos, so this Bobcats/Hornets one has to do.
To wrap up this group of 6 up, a penmanship collection auto of Bo Outlaw. Nice that he was able to get both a legible version of his name and his number on the sticker.

And there you go!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I'm a sucker for defunct team logos on modern cards. I'm not a big basketball person but I might have to seek out that Larry Brown for my defunct teams collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'm not a basketball guy but those first two cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete