Friday 25 March 2016

Another Bubblegum trade

I'm finally starting to get caught up on my trade posts. Not having any mail delivery until Tuesday will certainly help, although I do have a quartet of PWEs that will need to wait until mid-next week to head out.

Up now, a trade envelope from Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum. I'm really tempted to throw a package of Thrills gum (tagline: It Still Tastes Like Soap!) into the package the next time I send a bubble envelope his way.
There were a few additions to my Ottawa Senators collection. Although it is of Yashin, this oddball from sort of game set stood out. And Yashin cards are easy to store in my alphabetical Sens collection. Although Mika Zibanejad does push him further in from the back as he continues to accumulate cards.
I like how Jamie Storr didn't use the typical European royalty theme for his mask, and instead went for the King Tut motif.
And to wrap up the hockey portion, howzabout a nice patriotic Eric Daze?
Which acts as a perfect lead-in to the baseball portion with a patriotic Fergie Jenkins card.
While Carl Wise's card from Bowman Draft has already entered my collection, this is my first card of Jays prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr. First of many, I hope.
Joe Carter additions are always welcome.
But the big winner this time in terms of volume was Doc, and these 4 new cards.
And wrapping things up with my second Marcus Stroman autograph, and the first on-card one in my collection. Marcus has already been named the Opening Day starter for Toronto, so things look really bright already for him.

And now, just a few more envelopes to catch up with everything. I've got a PWE already to go in return, with likely a bubbler shortly after the Expo.

1 comment: