Friday 31 October 2014

More Upper Deck CFL - Retail

While I admit to not being surprised that I could find CFL cards at the LCS, seeing a blaster on the shelf of the local Target definitely was a surprise.
8 packs with 6 cards each. The same # of cards per pack as the hobby, but with less of a chance of a hit. But, my 10 hobby packs did give me a good return in terms of hits, so I really wouldn't care if I don't get anything from these in that regards.

And I didn't.

But I did do better in one regards - Star Rookies. Both hobby and retail had them at a 1:4 ratio, but I only pulled a Steve Slaton from those.
But I got two from the blaster. I'm really happy about the C.J. Gable. That was one of the cards I really wanted to get.
O-Pee-Chee inserts were also 1:4, and I also got the expected 2. My enjoyment of these really depends on how close the design comes to the team colours. So, despite Labour Day rivalries, the Argos card is a nicer addition than the Riders one.
Defensive SPs are 1 per pack in this as well, so here are the 8 I ended up with. That Beswick is an absolutely gorgeous shot from the Grey Cup introductions.
And here's a sampling of the base cards. I ended up with 6 dupes overall from this portion. Not too bad, and I'm about 30 now away from the base 100 of the set. I've got another checklist to bring to the Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment