Sunday 19 October 2014

2014 Adventures in Repacks: Part 58: Sunday Surprise Box

Since I haven't busted one of these in a while, why not grab one on my trip through Dollarama?

4 card related items for $2. Sound nice and cheap.

First up, and unscanned, is a 4 pack of hard toploaders. I have plenty of them, but always seem to look for them when I have goodies to send out. I'll likely forget about these as well when it is time for my next envelope.

The rest of the items were a 4 pack of goalie cards, a pack of 08-09 Victory, and an 8 card unthemed pack.

Let's do this in reverse volume.
The 8 pack was more interesting than usual. Although I had the O-Pee-Chee of Shayne Stevenson in my Kitchener Rangers alumni collection, I didn't have the Topps version. That Dave Gagner from Pro Set Platinum either has the best facial expression on a card, or the worst. I haven't quite decided. The card of the Gretzky brothers is interesting, and it was fun to flip to the back of the Rookie Checklist to see who lived up to the Star label and who didn't.
And it was a lot more of the latter than the former.  Who's the big name here? Simon? Zholtok? Smolinski? As best I can tell, his card in this set was the only NHL level one for Dan Ratushny.
Pretty standard pack of Victory. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be future Ottawa Senator David Legwand.
Here's the goalie pack. A couple dupes for my mask collection with Henrik and Olaf, but the other two are still new. In terms of mask competition, it will take a lot to knock off any appearance of Godzilla on the Kolzig mask, and these three won't do it. This was Dwayne's final O-Pee-Chee card, so that's a nice addition as well.

But there's more! The Dollarama also had little hanger packs of Teenymates. I thought I'd take the 1 in 15 odds and see if I could pull the Senators one.
Hey! I actually beat the odds!

No comments:

Post a Comment