Friday 12 September 2014

2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Box Break - Part 4 of 4

Let's wrap up this box. I've posted a lot of scans, so I'll try to keep these ones to a minimum in this one. Plus, I still have a blaster worth of cards that I grabbed yesterday to work through.

Pack 25:
Base: Jared Spurgeon, Henrik Zetterberg, Derick Brassard, Chris Stewart, Johnny Boychuk, Ales Hemsky
SP Legend: Doug Gilmour
Retro: Jonathan Bernier

Nice to start this with a Senator card, especially since Hemsky won't have too many as a Senator. Bernier is a mask binder certainty.

Pack 26:
Base: Rich Peverley, Alex Stalock, Victor Hedman, Tomas Tatar, Vladimir Sobotka, Jesse Winchester
SP Rookie: Petter Granberg
Retro: Eddie Lack

Back-to-back packs that result in a retro card in the mask binder is a good start to the final quarter. Winchester and Peverly are my first dupes of a non-SP card.

Pack 27:
Base: Radko Gudas, Jakob Silverberg, Sean Monahan, Martin Jones, Erik Gudbranson, Brandon Sutter
Sticker: Peter Forsberg
Retro: Michael Grabner

The Sutter is a dupe, but it is a 2/14 dupe. Those are the dupes I want to find. As for the sticker, nice to see the appearance of the classic blue Nordiques uniforms.

Pack 28:
Base: Anton Stralman, Kris Versteeg, Alex Chiasson, Logan Couture, Brenden Dillon
V Series A: PK Subban
Rainbow: Erik Cole
Retro: Paul Bissonnette

And here's my second VsA/mini.  Ovie and Subban are a pretty good 1-2 punch for these cards.

Pack 29:
Base: Vladimir Tarasenko, Alex Goligoski, Nock Holden, RJ Umberger, Corey Perry, Jame Muzzin
Sticker: Teuvo Teravainen
Retro: David Jones

Teuvo is one of the rookies they're pushing to sell this year's products. I guess that's the best pull in this pack.

Pack #30:
Base: Marcel Goc, Josh Harding, Brad Richards, Colin Greening, Tomas Plekanec, Joe Pavelski
SP Rookie: Jonathan Racine
Retro: Mitch Callahan

Hey! Another Sen!

Pack #31:
Base: Kyle Palmieri, Eric Staal, Lauri Korpikoski, Sergei Gonchar, Ryan Ellis
Rainbow: Aleksander Barkov
SP Legend: Richard Brodeur
Retro: Morgan Reilly

An interesting pack for my second last one. Barkov's rainbow makes him the second guy I've got the base, retro and rainbow of. He joins Nail Yakupov in that category.

But the win in this pack goes to the Brodeur. He's shown up in this portion of the OPC set in recent years, but he still counts as someone who is fun to pull. My only complaint is that it doens't feature the Flying V jersey.

Pack #32:
Base: Marian Gaborik, Mikael Backlund, Michael Ryder, Ryan Suter, Rob Scuderi, Valtteri Filppula
Sticker: Darryl Sittler
Retro: Alex Stalock

And the final pack is even better. A 2/14 card opens, and it wraps up with a sticker (numbered ST-25, of course) and a masked retro card.

And that closes up the hobby box of O-Pee-Chee. It is a good start and put a nice dent in the set for me. No dupes in the box - also good, but I did end up with a few out of my previous pack busts. I'll probably be going with retail the rest of the way home - I spotted rack packs and blasters in the store yesterday, and picked up one of the latter.

I'll be sharing the results of that blaster break sometime tomorrow.

1 comment: