Sunday 24 August 2014

2014 Adventures in Repacks: Part 47.2: The rest of the Topps '14-less trip to Target

And the rest of the purchase from last week.

Threads

Donte' Stallworth
Marques Colston
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore - These are quite aesthetically pleasing. The background is somewhat blurred, but it has been done so with the team colours. Also, I love the team name logo on the back.
Rex Grossman

Epix
Tony Romo - Nice to start with a throwback uniform.
Jason Campbell
Matt Moore
Vernon Davis
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning - Interesting collation.
Jake Delhomme
Antonio Gates
Donald Driver
Josh Freeman

Absoloute Memorabilia Retail

Kevin Kolb
Kyle Orton
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Maurice Jones-Drew
Matt Ryan
Carnell "Cadillac" Williams - Not enough cards feature the players nicknames.
Matt Cassell
Joe Flacco
Braylon Edwards - The obligatory card put aside for TMM.
Mohamed Massaquoi

Philadephia #1
Jay Cutler
Chris Perry
Lee Evans
Patrick Willis
Karlos Dansby
Arnaz Battle - The best card in this pack is the guy with the awesome name. There were two other cards of note, but they'll show up in the second pack.

Philadephia #2:
Chris Perry - Dupe! But a dupe for TMM!
Lee Evans - Dupe! But a Bills dupe!
Tony Romo Chicle - I had to look this one up to get the subset, and I think this one might be short-printed, since it is among the costliest non-auto in it. $10 at sportlots and $5.20 at COMC.
The Story of Barack Obama #308- Pulling a card of a President is always fun.
Bernard Berrian
Gus Frerotte - Wrapping up with a pair of Vikings. A pretty cool pack!

Press Pass 2011:

Ryan Kerrigan
Da'Quan Bowers
Torrey Smith Reflector
Niles Paul
Jonathan Baldwin

Zzzzz.

2011 Score

Brian Orakpo
Dallas Clark
Michael Huff
Terrell Owens - An interesting photo.
Delone Carter - Hot Rookies
Jacquizz Rodgers
Quinton Carter

A great photo is better than nothing when wrapping up the repacks.

But there's more! I was still in a football mood, so I also grabbed a rack pack of Rookies & Stars 2013. That put me within 22 or so cards of finishing that base set, meaning I'll probably at least make an attempt to finish it, and add those needed cards to my set wantlist at some point soon. I'm not going to list all 40 cards I pulled, but I will show off one. A hit from a retail product!

And the only thing better than a retail hit than said hit actually being one that fits into your PC.
An auto/relic of Robert Woods for my Buffalo Bills collection! I've got a lot of Woods hits from last year's releases. I've got 2 relics, and now a pair of auto/relics. So the best card from this repack go through was a hit from the only non-repack product I purchased. Typical of me!

So, another repack bited the dust.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, another hit! You seem to have pretty good luck with those. I've gotten a couple recently as well and actually done all right as well. But it's way more exciting when you pull a keeper like that!

    ReplyDelete