Thursday 23 January 2014

2014 Adventures in Repacks: Part 5.0

Another trip through Target, another repack. This time, 50 cards, 4 packs and a bonus. Time to dig in. It's pretty even in terms of content volume, so I'll do the packs now and the rest later in 5.1.

2013 Gypsy Queen

Tom Seaver
Warren Spahn - No Hitters
Jon Jay - Glove Stories
Matt Moore - Mini
Johnny Bench
Gary Carter

Not a bad pack. 2 inserts. 2 Mets. Pretty good from only just 6 cards.

2012 Topps Update

David Freese AS
Ian Kinsler AS
Fernando Rodney AS
Ryan Braun AS - Enough with the All-Star cards!
Jason Isringhausen
Tony Gwynn - Golden Greats - I wasn't a big fan of these inserts, but I'll confess that the design works really nicely with Padres brown.
Will Middlebooks - 1987 mini
Yasmani Grandal RC
Chris Johnson - My favourite photo choice in this pack. I think that's the blue skies of Southern California above Dodger Stadium.
Manny Parra
Austin Kearns
Yuniesky Betancourt

2008 First Edition Update (Naturally)

Miguel Tejeda
Melvin Mora
Sean Casey
Orlando Cabrera
Brad Penny
Ben Broussard
Johan Santana - A Met.
Rich Harden - And a Canadian are the highlights here.
David Murphy
Daisuke Matsuzaka

2012 Topps Series 2 Rack Pack

Shin-Soo Choo
Jose Valverde - I guess I really love a nice celebration photo. At least only some of them were SPs in 2012.
Heath Bell
Alexi Casilla
Shane Victorino
Huston Street
Garret Richards RC
Joe Savery RC
Manny Ramirez
Cliff Lee - 1987 Mini
Golden Giveaway - Johnny Bench
Chris Young
Paul Goldschmidt
Derek Lowe
Gavin Floyd
Zach Britton
Jordan Walden
Jed Lowrie - I really don't mind the photoshopping into the new uniform, but you would think they would try to use a non-Fenway shot for it. At least they went for the road uniform.
Matt Harrison
Prince Fielder
Mark Buehrle
Johnny Giavotella
Carlos Lee
Davan Viciedo
Yoenis Cespedes RC - I guess this was probably the best card here if I cared about value.
Dave Sappeldt
Tyler Clippard - Gold Sparkle - But this shiny beauty was the best card for me in this portion of the repack. Shiny, and a member of the 2/14 club! What more could I ask for? Other than, maybe, a 1/1 printing plate. OK. I could ask for something a little rarer, but it is still my favourite card.
Troy Tulowitzki - Career Day - And the last insert. This card design seems to have the look that's perfect for a sticker autograph or a relic, but there's only the latter at COMC and they're all limited to 50.
JJ Putz
Michael Bourn
Edinson Volquez
Fernando Salas
Henderson Alvarez
Alezandro De Aza
Ryan Vogelsong
Jonny Venters

So, that's 4 packs of fun. There's definitely enough keepers in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment