Thursday 15 August 2013

Whaddayamean no Ginter? - Part 2

The second part of my Ginterless trip to the LCS - a trio of Platinum.

Opening with the base:

A grand total of 4 base cards out of 3 packs. Unless I can find some in flea market repacks like last year, I doubt I'll try to build this one.
I did get one of those blue? sapphire? parallels. These specific ones do kinda remind me of the Certified hockey from a couple years back.
Yup. More base cards from the prospects subset than the regular set. On the upside, two Jays cards and a Mets card of a former Jay are nice.
As for inserts, I pulled one of the chrome prospect parallels. And a decent enough one.
A Top Prospects insert.
And a hit. A rather bare minimum autograph, but at least he went for a bonus and included his number. This is a case where the scan makes it look better. The brightness of the scan hides some sort of gunk that was on the card. It's still somewhat visible near Swanner's glove. I don't know what was going on while the card was being signed, and I'm not sure I want to.

Well, that's three packs ripped.

Now, back to catching up again. Probably with a nice collection of basketball repacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment