Sunday 25 August 2013

Sports Fan Expo goodies Part 1

Time to start working my way through these. Not the quantity I would have liked, although I did get what should be the last card(s) to wrap up Score hockey, although I'm not going to say anything for sure until the binder migration takes place.

Today, I'll go through the handful of Senators cards I picked up.

This one was the only Senators hit I grabbed that day. For a dollar, I picked up a gold parallel autograph of the late Karel Rachunek. Karel was one of the players that was killed in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash 2 years ago.
In my efforts to acquire at least one card of every Senator who had one in Ottawa, Pageau might be the last one to fall. Despite a decent run in the playoffs, he didn't get a card in the Score set, so I had to pick up the OPC instead. I still have to do another cross reference with the wikipedia Senators list with zistle, just in case there is a Mike Bales or Philip Crowe out there that I don't have.
Since I don't really have enough appearance of Lalime's Marvin the Martian mask, I grabbed one more. I don't know what it says about my childhood that two of my favourite masks feature Looney Tunes characters.
You knew some Alfie cards would be coming home with me. I really loved how the design worked on last year's Black Diamond set, so I was very happy to bring home the double diamond SP from the set.
And finally, this beauty from Pinnacle Mint 1996. Both the card and the coin came out of what might have been the best organized quarter bin I've ever come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment