Friday 9 August 2013

2013-14 Score Hockey Jumbo Box Break - Pack #10

All good box breaks must eventually get to their last pack, and this is the last of them.


5 Teemu Selanne
50 Patrick Kaleta
73 Tim Jackman
87 Jiri Tlusty
11 Luca Sbisa
60 Akim Aliu
69 Cory Sarich
83 Jeremy Welsh
203 Filip Kuba - As I've said before, there are cards where the photography is just spectacular. Here's a simple dump in photo that looks great in the horizontal format. So many keepers in this set.
127 Ryan O'Reilly
211 Shawn Matthias
141 Mark Letestu
156 Reilly Smith
175 Ian White
205 Dmitry Kulikov
Team Score - Erik Karlsson Nice! Another Sens insert.

I'm including the back for a reason. Some of the text is the colour of the team colour used on the background on the front. There are no red back parallels of this card. So, these aren't SPs. Nice try.
617 Hot Rookies Signatures - Antoine Roussel - WOO-HOO! Extra autograph! It's not one of a player who put up big numbers, except for PIM in his rookie season. The Rooster does seem to be pretty popular in Big D for that reason, though.
643 Mikhail Grigorenko (Gold)
554 Calgary Leaders (Gold)
612 Jack Campbell - A nice card for the mask binder. The good thing about the basic photography on the Rookies is that it does allow for nice mask pictures.
562 Florida Leaders
576 Tampa Bay Leaders

583 Season Highlights - Patrick Marleau's 400th goal
617 Antoine Roussel - It's an Antoine Roussel hot box! And for comparison, here's what the back look like for the regular and the autographed parallel.
633 Drew Shore
595 Christian Thomas
282 Nick Spaling (Gold)
291 Adam Henrique (Gold)
 253 Carey Price (Gold) - Pretty nice player to pull a parallel of.
287 Hal Gill (Gold)
278 David Legwand (Gold) - Combining with this and my individual pack purchases, I pulled about a dozen Predators gold cards. It shouldn't cost me too much to complete the team set. Might as well - I'm 2/3 of the way there.
301 Bryce Salvador (Gold)
290 Ilya Kovalchuk
304 Marek Zidlicky
259 PK Subban
243 Devin Setoguchi
326 Henrik Lundqvist
225 Jarret Stoll
270 Tomas Kaberle
352 Colin Greening
368 Scott Hartnell
435 Andrew Desjardins
334 Martin Biron
379 Ruslan Fedotenko
402 James Neal
416 Simon Despres
459 Victor Hedman
475 Dion Phaneuf
542 Olli Jokinen
441 Jake Allen
496 Ryan Kesler

519 John Carlson - And that's the last of 'em.

I know I mentioned dupes quite a bit with this box, but still did pretty well in putting a set together. I also purchased a pair of rack packs, a couple 12 card hobby packs and an additional jumbo pack, and ended up within 80 of the set. Although I didn't pull any Sens parallels, I did pull some nice inserts of them to make up for that. With all those packs, I ended up with 4 autographs (one extra than expected from the box), a black border parallel, a red-back parallel (spoken for and sent off already), and the Team 8s relics card. Not too bad. I'd be surprised if I didn't walk away from the Fan Expo Canada Sports Show in two weeks with everything needed to finish the set.

At least now I can catch up on the mail that's been piling up. And the repacks I've bought. And maybe to hit the LCS to grab a pack or two of A&G 2013. At least I won't have any reason to spend a week with the same set until a year from now, assuming there are 14-15 Jumbo Boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment