Thursday 30 August 2012

On my addiction

I often find myself in dollar stores, looking for various items. Over the past few years, they've had little bags of sports cards available. I always find myself walking out of the store with at least one pack. Between 15 and 30 cards, depending on the sport, for a buck? Why not? I've started putting some of my more interesting finds into binders, so I figured I'd start pulling them out and sharing them.

With two cards visible out of the pack, the stuff that I'll usually take fall into some categories:

1) Players on my favourite teams (Senators, Blue Jays, Mets, Bills, Celtics)
2) Minor league teams
3) Interesting photo
4) Goaltender cards with a good photo of the mask

And when I doubt, I'll just grab a random pack and put it in the basket. Rarely, I'll hit the Walmart and pick up a more expensive pack of newer stuff, but when you're seeking interesting as opposed to valuable, that happens rarely.

No comments:

Post a Comment